Thursday, June 2, 2011

Long time no wittering

Well hello there blogland, how are you?
Progress on the plot is slow and disheartening right now. After my chemical drench, the horsetail and nettles took the opportunity to just carry on growing... Presumably blowing raspberries, pulling faces and singing ner-ner-ner-ner-ner at me at the same time.

So, summoning up all the determination of her dad*, my mum took a dual attack approach yesterday: strimming till the blade fell off, then immediately drenching the lot in more weedkiller. I wait in anticipation...

As well as the plot looking like somewhere dinosaurs might go to play, I got home from a weekend at the seaside to find all my seedlings had died... Have managed to revive some of them but I think I'm going to be re-planting.

It's not all doom and gloom though, there are blooms too... Well, sort of, but blooms rhymes so I'm sticking with it.

I've been given a chilli seedling, have had some new ideas for ways of tackling things, a friend has dug over a good starter sized bed, and the border is blooming and full of cheer.
My mum alsodiscovered that someone has planted some pansies and primulas at the front of the plot... RAK for me!


*My grandad was a fantastic gardener. My grandma is convinced he used to lie in wait for new shoots of horsetail to appear...

No comments:

Post a Comment