Monday, April 11, 2011

Cunning plan

My plan of attack for the next couple of weeks is:
  • repot enough seedlings to start hardening off
  • put them somewhere cooler than my windowsill
  • plant them in final location
  • plant more seeds
  • Rinse
  • repeat

Anyone ever had any luck with physalis giving fruit? I want to grow to eat, not for decoration, although that's an added benefit.

I have also been given a load of carrot seeds, are carrots hard to grow? I have heard of carrot fly...

The small is obsessed with watering and weeding. This is mostly good, however, what she wants to weed isn't always quite right. Luckily I have more than my fair share of rocket seedlings.

Our exciting planting venture of the week was to put loads of fresh potting compost into the planter that lives on the shelf in our porch. Normally we regrow morning glories there every summer. This year we're trying morning glories AND dwarf peas. Both lots are coming up already, after being planted and heavily watered on Thursday. Impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment