Friday, March 4, 2011

The starting point....


For three years now, I've been looking out onto a small wasteland.
This small wasteland to be precise.


Horrible isn't it?
A couple of months ago I decided I'd had enough, and that I was fed up of looking at it.
So I determined to make a start.
Then I walked out to have a proper look.
In short, I felt defeated before I even started: there was loads of rubbish, and the weeds were so thick I couldn't see earth under them, and this was in frost-flattened January.

I gave up on my idea.
Then I had another thought... It wasn't the idea of growing things in it that was putting me off, it was the prospect of clearing it without power tools, experience or even the faintest clue what I was doing.
So what if I got someone with those things to do that bit for me?

A very reasonable sum later (paid to a very worthy local group), I have a rubbish free blank canvas, strimmed to perfection, all ready and waiting for me to start planting things in it.

And of course, a pretty new blog to record my muddy exploits...

4 comments:

  1. So thrilling! I haven't seen my starting point yet. I know you were talking about roses, do you want a cutting from the small shrubby pink rose that grows in our garden?

    For real fantasy rose planting have a look at David Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yes please! Not that I know what one does with cuttings, but then that's what this is all about!
    xx
    Bloo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mup tells me that it might not work, and it's sort of rambly, so might not do what you need. Will have to see. I know what I do with cuttings: I put them in a pot of water where they sometimes grow roots and sometimes rot... Once they grow roots, you plant them! PROFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, rambly is exactly what I want! I'll do a full post when its not way past bedtime, but I've been able to have a proper look out there today and my thoughts have changed, so rambly will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete